It’s only fitting that I kick off my “Author of the Month” series with my all-time favorite author – Richelle Mead!
Mead’s a serious powerhouse when it comes to writing. She’s reached author-role-model status here, folks! She consistently puts out inventive bestselling novels that have us readers swooning, biting our nails, laughing, crying, and chucking our books clear across rooms. Sometimes all at the same time! Okay, okay, I’ve never actually thrown my books before. (I’m too afraid of hurting them). But I’ve thought about it!
Here are just a few reasons why Mead gets this coveted inaugural spot in my AotM series. (Yes, it’s coveted. Why? Because I said so 😛 ).
- She writes strong, kickass female protagonists who are relatable and inspirational. Her characters aren’t perfect; they have flaws, which I love because it makes them all the more real, but they also persevere through whatever *ish life throws at them. #GirlPower
- Her writing is on point! It’s witty, funny, sexy, swoon-worthy, and empowering. AND! She writes across genres. She’s got series that fall in the YA category as well as a few series that are definitely not in the YA category – if you catch my drift 😉
- The worlds she creates are extraordinary! Each setting is unique, beautifully described, and very well developed, giving her (already amazing) characters perfect environments to play, thrive, and/or fight for their lives in.
- I’ve been to her book signings and can honestly say she’s as awesome in person as you would’ve guessed from her writing. She’s humble and down-to-earth and really gets how cray-cray us fans can get about her characters (and their love lives!). And yeah, I said cray-cray. Deal with it (…please).
- And last, but certainly not least, her new novel “The Glittering Court” is out TODAY!!! **and the crowd goes wild!** Happy Book Birthday, TGC!
Big and sweeping, spanning the refined palaces of Osfrid to the gold dust and untamed forests of Adoria, The Glittering Court tells the story of Adelaide, an Osfridian countess who poses as her servant to escape an arranged marriage and start a new life in Adoria, the New World. But to do that, she must join the Glittering Court.
Both a school and a business venture, the Glittering Court is designed to transform impoverished girls into upper-class ladies capable of arranging powerful and wealthy marriages in the New World. Adelaide naturally excels in her training and even makes a few friends: the fiery former laundress Tamsin and the beautiful Sirminican refugee Mira. She manages to keep her true identity hidden from all but one: the intriguing Cedric Thorn, son of the wealthy proprietor of the Glittering Court.
When Adelaide discovers that Cedric is hiding a dangerous secret of his own, together, they hatch a scheme to make the best of Adelaide’s deception. Complications soon arise – first, as they cross the treacherous seas from Osfrid to Adoria, and later, when Adelaide catches the attention of a powerful governor.
But no complication will prove quite as daunting as the potent attraction simmering between Adelaide and Cedric. An attraction that, if acted on, would scandalize the Glittering Court and make them both outcasts in wild, vastly uncharted lands…
Get the book here and see below for a list of some of Mead’s series and a link to her website where you can find excerpts, news, tour and book signing info, and more! 😀 AND for a complete list of all her series, check out Goodreads.
Age of X